Bookmarked Thoughts is a weekly meme presenting my thoughts on a specific topic or image. If you would like to join in please let me know in the comments below.
Goals for 2014
Last year I set myself 4 goals. Here’s how I did:
1) Read contemporaries.
- I think I did pretty well. I read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, Kimi ni Todoke Vol. 1-13, A Monster Calls, Smile, Wonder, The Tiger Rising and First Day on Earth.
2) Read at least 75 books
- I ended up reading 125 – 50 more that I thought I would
3) Read classics.
- Let’s see. I read The Hobbit, The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Wizard of Oz books, The Great Gatsby, plus 1984 for school.
4) Finish series I was in the middle of
- I didn’t complete any of these series. However, I did complete most of the series I started this year, which is an improvement.
This year, my goals are:
1) Read as wide a variety of books as possible.
- Shouldn’t be too hard. I already read pretty much anything (apart from romance or chicklit) and I want to push myself to books that are outside of my comfort zone. Maybe poetry?
2) Read at least 120 books.
- 10 a month seems to be my average so this should be a reasonable goal.
3) Finish what I’ve started.
- Maximum Ride, Gone, Holly Black’s Curse Workers trilogy, Seekers, The Giver…. The list goes on and on.